Chinook Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing precision medicines for kidney diseases. Chinook’s product candidates are being investigated in rare, severe chronic kidney disorders with opportunities for well-defined clinical pathways. Chinook’s lead program is atrasentan, a phase 3 endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of IgA nephropathy and other proteinuric glomerular diseases. BION-1301, an anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody is being evaluated in a phase 1b trial for IgA nephropathy. In addition, Chinook is advancing CHK-336, an oral small molecule LDHA inhibitor for the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria, as well as research programs for other rare, severe chronic kidney diseases.
Chinook is building its pipeline by leveraging insights in kidney single cell RNA sequencing, human-derived organoids, and new translational models, to discover and develop therapeutics with differentiating mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. Chinook trades on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol KDNY and has locations in Vancouver, BC, Seattle, WA and Berkeley, CA.
This Manager, IT Business Systems is responsible for and is a key stakeholder in the selection, implementation, maintenance, and oversight of all IT Business Systems within the Company. The Manager plays a key role working across the organization to ensure that all business systems are keeping pace with technological advancements and the overall growth and complexity of the organization. This position will also be responsible for training, documentation, configuration, and change management. The Manager has sound technical knowledge, the proven ability to manage teams and vendors to successfully implement IT business systems and the ability to understand and communicate the impact and interconnectedness of business systems across the Company.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop business and user requirements for new or replacement of business systems.
- Research and evaluate systems that meet the criteria of the business/user requirements.
- Arrange for, and coordinate vendor demonstrations of the recommended systems to the stakeholders.
- Ensure that all involved understand the impact of a proposed systems across the organization and on any inter-related systems.
- Assist the stakeholders in selecting the appropriate system, including the development of a business case to include cost/benefit analysis and total cost of ownership, reference checks and other supporting information.
- Support the stakeholders with vendor negotiations.
- Work with the vendor and internal staff to develop an implementation plan, including timeline, budget, tasks, and responsibilities, and manage to this plan.
- Assist with assembling the implementation team and leading the team through the implementation process to ensure a successful outcome.
- Escalate implementation issues accordingly and develop a plan to resolve them.
- Work with the internal stakeholders to ensure the system is compliant with the appropriate internal control processes under Sarbanes Oxley and or 21CFR Part11.
- Work with the internal team and vendor to develop appropriate system documentation and carry out effective UAT plans prior to system implementation.
- Create materials and coordinate training for all system users.
- Develop change management processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the appropriate system requirements.
- Responsible for establishing IT change management process for all business systems compliant with Company’s standard operating procedures for system change management.
- Be the point of contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for IT supported systems, and where appropriate serve as the internal IT System Administrator for the business applications.
- Assist end-users with the design and development of application reports.
- Develop a roadmap to ensure that business systems are aligned with Company goals and objectives.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Computer Science or related field or combination of experience.
- Experience working on/and or leading system implementations.
- Strategic thinker who can lead the long-range planning of enterprise business systems implementation and management.
- Solid understanding of business functional areas, business management issues and sound technical knowledge of financial systems (ERP, expensive and procurement systems) and 21CFR Part 11 compliant Quality and Clinical systems (Quality Management Systems, eTMF).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to train and coach colleagues in the use of all financial systems.
- Detailed oriented and excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Proactive approach to ensuring that business systems are meeting the needs of the organization.
- Previous experience in the Biotechnology field.
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to fostering an environment where ALL people are welcome and supported. We respect and value different experiences and viewpoints. We act respectfully toward one another and embrace diversity of people and ideas. Having a diverse workforce made up of team members who bring a wide variety of skills, abilities, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. Creativity and innovation flourish in an environment of openness, inclusion, and mutual respect.