Chinook Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. The development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined, rapid clinical development paths. Chinook’s drug discovery pipeline has numerous small molecule and biologic programs at the validation and lead optimization stages and we anticipate multiple programs entering clinical trials by 2021. We are also evaluating business development opportunities to in-license early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook has raised a $65 million Series A financing from top tier venture capital firms Versant Ventures, Apple Tree Partners, and Samsara BioCapital. We are a growing team of approximately 25 employees, including 15 scientists, and are based in Vancouver, British Columbia and Seattle, Washington. For more information please visit www.chinooktx.com.
Chinook Therapeutics is seeking an energetic and collaborative Sr. Scientist to join the biology discovery team at our laboratories situated in Vancouver, Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all biological aspects of a preclinical drug discovery program, designing and performing experiments to enable go/no-go decisions, and contributing to the overall research strategy at Chinook. Experience in cellular biology, molecular biology, enzymology, and understanding of renal biology are valuable assets. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and communication skills, will be able to lead projects independently, and will propose innovative solutions to biological questions. Candidates will work within a multidisciplinary drug discovery team of medicinal chemists, DMPK scientists, and in vivo pharmacologists.
• Lead all aspects of Biology research for preclinical drug discovery projects and contribute to overall program strategy
• Interact across disciplines with medicinal chemists, DMPK scientists, and in vivo pharmacologists to advance preclinical projects
• Supervise and mentor members of the Biology team
• Participate in research leadership team discussions to influence Biology/project/company strategies
• Work collaboratively with the Chinook clinical team in Seattle as projects continue to advance in the pipeline
• In collaboration with senior leadership, make key contributions to the overall Chinook scientific strategy to create precision medicines for kidney disease
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive team-focused company culture
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Ph.D. in biological discipline with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A proven track-record of drug discovery project leadership in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
• Effective time management skills and a demonstrated ability to balance project management responsibilities with execution of experiments in the lab
• Strong working knowledge of cellular biology and/or enzymology
• Experience in renal biology is an asset
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner to internal and external audiences
• A strong team player and scientific leader with a passion for science and drug discovery
• Positive attitude and high personal and ethical standards
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, place of origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state, provincial or local protected ground.
Your application was submitted successfully.