Chinook Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. The development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined, rapid clinical development paths. Chinook’s drug discovery pipeline has numerous small molecule and biologic programs at the validation and lead optimization stages and we anticipate multiple programs entering clinical trials by 2021. We are also evaluating business development opportunities to in-license early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook has raised a $65 million Series A financing from top tier venture capital firms Versant Ventures, Apple Tree Partners, and Samsara BioCapital. We are a growing team of approximately 25 employees, including 15 scientists, and are based in Vancouver, British Columbia and Seattle, Washington. For more information please visit www.chinooktx.com.
Chinook Therapeutics is seeking an energetic and collaborative Research Associate or Sr. Research Associate to join the biology discovery team at our laboratories situated in Vancouver, Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, performing and analyzing in vitro experiments to support preclinical research projects. Hands-on experience in cellular biology, molecular biology, and enzymology is required. The ideal candidate will possess strong teamwork and communication skills, will be able to design and perform experiments independently, and will propose innovative solutions to biological questions. Candidates will work within a multidisciplinary drug discovery team of medicinal chemists, DMPK scientists, and in vivo pharmacologists.
• Design, perform, and analyze in vitro experiments to support the advancement of multiple preclinical drug discovery programs
• Develop and perform enzyme and cell-based assays to determine potencies and characteristics of novel compounds
• Participate in and present data in team meetings
• Proactively interrogate research literature and contribute to experimental strategy
• Contribute to lab maintenance and ordering of supplies and reagents
• Maintain an accurate laboratory notebook
• Mentor co-op students in daily lab activities
Education, Experience and Skills:
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree with at least 2 years of post-graduate research experience
• Strong working knowledge of cellular biology, molecular biology, and enzymology
• Effective time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner
• A strong team player with a passion for science and drug discovery
• Positive attitude and high personal and ethical standards
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, place of origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state, provincial or local protected ground.