Chinook Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing precision medicines for kidney diseases. Chinook’s product candidates are being investigated in rare, severe chronic kidney disorders with opportunities for well-defined clinical pathways. Chinook’s lead program is atrasentan, a phase 3 endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of IgA nephropathy and other proteinuric glomerular diseases. BION-1301, an anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody is being evaluated in a phase 1b trial for IgA nephropathy. In addition, Chinook is advancing CHK-336, an oral small molecule LDHA inhibitor for the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria, as well as research programs for other rare, severe chronic kidney diseases.
Chinook is building its pipeline by leveraging insights in kidney single cell RNA sequencing, human-derived organoids, and new translational models, to discover and develop therapeutics with differentiating mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. Chinook trades on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol KDNY and has locations in Vancouver, BC, Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
For the Receptionist / Team Assistant role, you will need to be customer service-oriented, approachable, detail-oriented, self-initiating and provide exceptional support for the Seattle Headquarters Office. You will be a positive, professional contributor within the organization and possess good judgement, be able to think ahead, collaborative, and have a reputation for problem-solving and troubleshooting in an evolving and fast paced business environment.
- Ensure a positive employee and visitor experience
- Provide polite and professional communication
- Manage the main reception desk, i.e., greeting clients and visitors, aid with client reception, handle incoming calls and other communications
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail; handle incoming and outgoing shipments
- Coordination of general office: Ensure conference rooms, boardroom, and kitchen are organized and stocked
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders; verify receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, faxing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Perform data entry and basic tasks in databases, spreadsheets, and software systems
- Adhere to and execute administrative procedures for the team staying within corporate policies
- Backup support for other admins within company/team
- Collaborate with other administrative staff to support department and/or company-wide events and various other initiatives as needed
- Assist with other projects and work as needed and assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 1 - 2 years in a customer service and/or administrative role preferably in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business and integrate into daily tasks to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver projects completed and on time while facing multiple distractions and interruptions
- Demonstrates and role models confidence, emotional intelligence, and professionalism
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when working with complex schedules or projects and react with an appropriate sense of urgency to situations or events that require a quick response or turnaround
- Ability to independently problem-solve to quickly resolve issues to maintain business continuity
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; must work well under pressure
- The desire to learn and grow with the business
- Able to work successfully in a team environment by building effective working relationships internally and externally with all levels of employees with different working styles and perspectives
- Promote the Purpose and Values of Chinook in all areas of responsibility
- Proficient in MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to fostering an environment where ALL people are welcome and supported. We respect and value different experiences and viewpoints. We act respectfully toward one another and embrace diversity of people and ideas. Having a diverse workforce made up of team members who bring a wide variety of skills, abilities, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. Creativity and innovation flourish in an environment of openness, inclusion, and mutual respect.