Chinook Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing precision medicines for kidney diseases. Chinook’s product candidates are being investigated in rare, severe chronic kidney disorders with opportunities for well-defined clinical pathways. Chinook’s lead program is atrasentan, a phase 3 endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of IgA nephropathy and other proteinuric glomerular diseases. BION-1301, an anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody is being evaluated in a phase 1b trial for IgA nephropathy. In addition, Chinook is advancing CHK-336, an oral small molecule LDHA inhibitor for the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria, as well as research programs for other rare, severe chronic kidney diseases.
Chinook is building its pipeline by leveraging insights in kidney single cell RNA sequencing, human-derived organoids, and new translational models, to discover and develop therapeutics with differentiating mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. Chinook trades on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol KDNY and has locations in Vancouver, BC, Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Chinook Therapeutics has an opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our growing team in Seattle. Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services and working as part of a team of administrative professionals, the Senior Administrative Assistant will provide high level support to the CFO, General Counsel and Head of HR, along with their respective teams. This role will be a first point of contact for our Seattle office, handle complex correspondence and travel management. To be successful in this role you will need to be detail-oriented, self-initiating and provide exceptional customer service. You will be a positive and professional role model in the organization and possess good judgement, strong decision-making skills, be able to think ahead, collaborative, and have a reputation for problem-solving and troubleshooting in an evolving, fast-paced business environment.
- Provide day to day administrative support to the CFO, General Counsel and Head of HR as required; responsible for creating and maintaining the flow of business through proactive planning and execution of high-level administrative support to ensure a seamless experience for the three executives, along with their teams (Investor Relations sits with the other EA).
- Responsible for managing the Seattle office activities through proactive planning and excellent execution of administrative support to ensure a seamless experience for Seattle-based teams
- Proactive and strategic executive calendar management. Manage and maintain complex calendars for several executives and broader departments within the organizations on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and prioritization.
- Will provide support (including compiling agendas, scheduling and minute taking) for team meetings for leaders within represented groups
- Organize complex and extensive domestic and international travel, which requires assembling travel packets and arranging all travel logistics
- Responsible for flawless planning and execution of onsite and offsite meetings, events, and conferences
- Manage contracts and create Purchase Orders (POs), review and approve invoices and account reconciliation. Also includes timely preparation of expense reports.
- Adhere to and execute administrative procedures for the team staying within corporate policy
- Ensure a positive employee experience through the successful onboarding of new hires by making sure all necessary documents and office equipment are in place; additionally provide support to team on interview scheduling (and other admin duties as outlined in the Admin Recruitment Process).
- Backup support for other admins within team
- Provide mentorship and leadership to other admins in the division by being a role model
- Assist with other projects and work as needed and assigned
- Collaborate with other administrative staff to support department and/or company-wide events and various other initiatives as needed
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 7+ years in an administrative role supporting senior management in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business and integrate into daily tasks to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver projects completed and on time while facing multiple distractions and interruptions
- Demonstrates and role models confidence, emotional intelligence, and professionalism
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when working with complex schedules or projects and react with an appropriate sense of urgency to situations or events that require a quick response or turnaround
- Ability to independently problem-solve to quickly resolve issues to maintain business continuity
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; must work well under pressure
- The desire to learn and grow with the business
- Able to work successfully in a team environment by building effective working relationships internally and externally with all levels of employees with different working styles and perspectives
- Promote the Purpose and Values of Chinook Therapeutics in all areas of responsibility, including role modeling values to other admins
- May require travel up to 2-4 times per year for company events and various projects
- Highly proficient in MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to fostering an environment where ALL people are welcome and supported. We respect and value different experiences and viewpoints. We act respectfully toward one another and embrace diversity of people and ideas. Having a diverse workforce made up of team members who bring a wide variety of skills, abilities, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. Creativity and innovation flourish in an environment of openness, inclusion, and mutual respect.