Chinook Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. The development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined, rapid clinical development paths. Chinook’s drug discovery pipeline has numerous small molecule and biologic programs at the validation and lead optimization stages and we anticipate multiple programs entering clinical trials by 2021. We are also evaluating business development opportunities to in-license early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook has raised a $65 million Series A financing from top tier venture capital firms Versant Ventures, Apple Tree Partners, and Samsara BioCapital. We are a growing team of approximately 25 employees, including 15 scientists, and are based in Vancouver, British Columbia and Seattle, Washington. For more information please visit www.chinooktx.com.
The Research Technician will support the in vivo pharmacology team at our laboratories situated in Vancouver, Canada. The successful candidate will perform skilled animal husbandry functions involving the care and feeding of rodents as well as assisting with the maintenance of the vivarium. The ideal candidate will also have experience supporting all aspects of in vivo pharmacology and/or pharmacokinetic studies in rats and mice, including standard in vivo techniques such as routine injections and oral dosing. The Research Technician will rely on their organizational skills and expertise to manage multiple research activities simultaneously. The candidate will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with a multidisciplinary drug discovery team in a dynamic scientific environment.
• Perform and document daily animal health checks to assess animal behaviour and well-being; identify and report animal illness or abnormalities as directed.
• In a team setting, perform routine injections (SC, IP, IV), dosing (PO), and collection of blood, urine and tissue samples from rats and mice.
• Assist study director with study randomization, preparation of lab materials, and data entry and analysis using software such as Excel, GraphPad Prism and SoftMouse.
• Perform husbandry activities including routine cage changes and housing; providing appropriate feed and water; weaning or separating animals; handling, restraining, weighing, and determining daily animal census.
• Clean and/or sanitize animal use areas including walls, floors, ceilings, windows, and food preparation rooms; perform general custodial duties within the vivarium (e.g., sweep and mop hallways, transport waste materials); appropriately dispose of animal carcasses and caging products.
• Maintain up to date laboratory inventory, including animals, caging, food, and general lab supplies.
• Able to work weekends and holidays as study schedules dictate.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• B.Sc. degree with at least 2 years of in vivo experience with rodents. Animal Technician or equivalent with at least 4 years of research experience will also be considered.
• Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment are essential.
• Able to follow SOPs and lab safety guidelines, keep accurate records and manage multiple simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision.
• Desire to learn new skill sets as the company grows.
• Positive attitude and high personal and ethical standards.
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, place of origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state, provincial or local protected ground.
Your application was submitted successfully.