Chinook Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing precision medicines for kidney diseases. Chinook’s product candidates are being investigated in rare, severe chronic kidney disorders with opportunities for well-defined clinical pathways. Chinook’s lead program is atrasentan, a phase 3 endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of IgA nephropathy and other proteinuric glomerular diseases. BION-1301, an anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody is being evaluated in a phase 1/2 trial for IgA nephropathy. In addition, Chinook is advancing CHK-336, an oral small molecule LDHA inhibitor for the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria, as well as research programs for other rare, severe chronic kidney diseases.
Chinook is building its pipeline by leveraging insights in kidney single cell RNA sequencing, human-derived organoids, and new translational models, to discover and develop therapeutics with differentiating mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. Chinook trades on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol KDNY and has locations in Vancouver, BC, Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Chinook Therapeutics has an opportunity for an Administrative Business Services Partner II to join our growing team in Seattle. Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Business Services and working as part of a collaborative team of administrative professionals, the Administrative Business Services Partner II will provide support to multiple, cross-functional departments within the organization. This role will be one of the first points of contact for visitors to our Seattle office, handle complex calendar management, and support employee usage of several business software systems such as contracts review, procurement, travel booking, and expense reporting. To be successful in this role you need to come in with a learning mindset, be detail-oriented, exhibit flexibility, and provide exceptional customer service. You will embrace our company values, be collaborative, organized, and have the ability to succeed in an evolving, fast-paced business environment.
- Responsible for assisting with management of Seattle office activities through proactive planning and excellent execution of administrative support to ensure a seamless experience for Seattle-based teams
- Proactive and strategic calendar management. Manage and maintain complex calendars for leaders, cross-functional teams, and broader departments within the organization to ensure accurate scheduling and prioritization
- Provide support (including compiling agendas, scheduling and minute taking) for team meetings for leaders within represented groups
- Organize complex and extensive domestic and international travel as necessary, which requires assembling travel packets and arranging all travel logistics
- Responsible for the support of onsite and offsite meetings, events, and conferences
- Support contract review and approval process in CobbleStone
- Request Purchase Orders (POs) in Coupa and support administrative process to full PO generation
- Support travel booking and expense report submission in Concur
- Adhere to and execute administrative procedures for the team staying within corporate policy
- Ensure a positive employee experience through the successful onboarding of new hires by making sure all necessary documents and office equipment are in place; additionally provide support to teams on interview scheduling (and other administrative duties as outlined in the Admin Recruitment Process).
- Backup support for other Administrative Business Services Partners within team
- Assist with other projects and work as needed and assigned
- Collaborate with other Administrative Business Services partners to support department and/or company-wide events and various other initiatives as needed
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 2+ years in an administrative role, preferably supporting a variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business and integrate into daily tasks to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver projects completed and on time while facing multiple distractions and interruptions
- Demonstrates and role models confidence, emotional intelligence, empathy, and professionalism
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when working with complex schedules or projects and react with an appropriate sense of urgency to situations or events that require a quick response or turnaround
- Ability to independently problem-solve to quickly resolve issues to maintain business continuity
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and adapt quickly to changing priorities; must work well under pressure
- The desire to learn and grow with the business
- Able to work successfully in a team environment by building effective working relationships internally and externally with all levels of employees with different working styles and perspectives
- Live the Purpose and Values of Chinook Therapeutics in all areas of responsibility
- May require travel up to 2-4 times per year for company events and various projects
- Highly proficient in MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to fostering an environment where ALL people are welcome and supported. We respect and value different experiences and viewpoints. We act respectfully toward one another and embrace diversity of people and ideas. Having a diverse workforce made up of team members who bring a wide variety of skills, abilities, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. Creativity and innovation flourish in an environment of openness, inclusion, and mutual respect.