Chinook Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. We apply our proprietary research platform to discover and develop therapeutics with novel mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. The development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined and rapid clinical development opportunities. Chinook recently in-licensed a late-stage product, atrasentan, and plans to initiate a phase 3 trial for chronic kidney disease during 2020. Our pipeline has several other internal programs at the validation and lead optimization stages, the first of which is rapidly progressing to enter clinical trials by 2021. We are also evaluating business development opportunities for early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook has raised a $65 million Series A financing from top tier venture capital firms Versant Ventures, Apple Tree Partners, and Samsara BioCapital. We are a growing team of approximately 30 employees and are based in Vancouver, British Columbia and Seattle, Washington.
Chinook Therapeutics is seeking a Head of Program Management to establish and lead Chinook’s program management function. The position will serve on our global product teams and will focus on increasing cross-functional efficiency and consistency across our product development and research organizations. Based in our Seattle location, this role will report to the Chief Business Officer and will interact closely with Chinook’s leadership team.
- Establish and lead a high-performing program management function focussed on innovation and excellence
- Key member of cross-functional global project teams to develop and implement product development plans with integrated drug development planning from research, to IND, to approval/launch, and full lifecycle management
- Partner with program team leaders to ensure appropriate execution and management of the product development strategy
- Develop and implement value-added processes, best practices and tools (integrated timeline template, TPPs, stage gate process, governance, core & sub team processes) to increase efficiency and consistency of global product development and team processes and deliverables
- Ensure that global projects are managed consistently, leveraging best practices and standard tools
- Coordinate business planning processes (e.g. annual budgeting, long-range planning, goal setting) across departments and program teams in partnership with senior leadership.
- Report program status, milestones and budget to leadership
- Lead change management efforts for the organization
- Facilitate development of target product profile
- Program risk evaluation, identification, monitoring and reporting
- Support strong and efficient cross-functional communications channels and systems within Chinook, including implementing and leading effective program team meetings
- Work across functions to identify process improvement opportunities and seek ways to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant drug development experience in the pharmaceutical, academic and/or medical research environments
- Proven ability to manage in a cross-functional matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders and constituents
- Adaptive leadership style to influence teams without formal authority
- Experience managing late stage clinical assets
- Deep knowledge of and experience with project management practices and tools
- Excellent business acumen with demonstrated ability to develop solutions that support product, team, corporate and business objectives
- Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship building skills
- MBA, Ph.D. or other advanced degree in biomedical sciences or one of the disciplines related to drug development
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, place of origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state, provincial or local protected ground.