Chinook Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. We apply our proprietary research platform to discover and develop therapeutics with novel mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. The development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined and rapid clinical development opportunities. Chinook recently in-licensed a late-stage product, atrasentan, and plans to initiate a phase 3 trial for chronic kidney disease by the first half of 2021. Our pipeline has several other internal programs at the validation and lead optimization stages, the first of which is rapidly progressing to enter clinical trials by 2021. We are also evaluating business development opportunities for early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook has raised a $65 million Series A financing from top tier venture capital firms Versant Ventures, Apple Tree Partners, and Samsara BioCapital. We are a growing team of approximately 40 employees and are based in Vancouver, British Columbia and Seattle, Washington.
Chinook as an opportunity for a Head of Information Technology (IT) to join our rapidly growing team. The Head of IT is responsible for developing and implementing Chinook’s IT strategy, systems and infrastructure, including directing global IT operations to meet customer requirements. This role will support and maintain existing applications and oversee development of new technology solutions to support the Company’s goals and objectives. This position reports to our Vice President, Finance, and may be based out Chinook's Seattle or Vancouver location.
- Establish and implement right-size IT strategy and systems to align with Chinook’s stage of development and projected growth.
- Provide corporate-wide support of internal clients on all levels helping to resolve IT-related issues in a timely manner for platforms, applications, networks, mobile computing devices, other equipment, and connectivity.
- Help define and execute long-range strategic IT projects by leading cross-functional project teams.
- Evaluate IT out-sourcing opportunities versus building internal core competencies and engage consultants/contractors where appropriate.
- Utilize technical expertise to drive IT solution implementation to improve company efficiency and productivity.
- Provide assistance and technical expertise to functional areas in the evaluation, justification and selection of software and systems solutions.
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships. Coordinate with purchasing team on all hardware, software, and technology procurement companywide.
- Oversee administration and maintenance of computer equipment and software in all departments and scientific laboratories.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with company information systems policies and objectives including documentation and procedures to support Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls.
- Ensure proper security and back-up/restore procedures and systems are in place to safe-guard Chinook’s data and comply with applicable privacy and security regulations including GDPR.
- Enhance the IT onboarding experience for new hires and strengthen the off-boarding process when removing users from Chinook’s systems.
- Develop and manage corporate IT budget.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or relevant field
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing a broad range of IT functions is required; at least 5 years in life sciences managing integrated systems and cross-functional projects is strongly preferred
- Experience with ERP systems in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Microsoft SharePoint administration and configuration experience
- Computer System CFR 21 Part 11 validation experience is highly desirable
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent planning, prioritization, project management, and time management skills
- Experience building and leading a high performing team is preferred
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, place of origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state, provincial or local protected ground.